Love is in the air? Wherever we go, we see big hearts, sticky notes with “I love you”, teddy bears? Yes, because it is St. Valentine’s day soon -- the biggest holiday for all lovers. What about listening to love songs? What is your student’s favourite one? Here is a quiz on different songs for St. Valentine’s day, that you can use in your lesson with Pre-intermediate students.
1. Which song is the following lyrics from:
“Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I’ll be your man
I see my future in your eyes”?
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Elvis Presley
- “Bleeding Love” – Leona Lewis
- “Perfect” – Ed Sheeran
- “Photograph” -- Ed Sheeran
2. Which song is it?
“I’d walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
Like it’s the only thing I’ll ever do”.
- “Adore You” -- Harry Styles
- “I’m Yours” – Jason Mraz
- “Magic” – Coldplay
- “Because You Loved Me” – Celine Dion
3. Play the music and choose the correct option to fill in the gaps.
Heart ___ fast
Colors and ___
How to be ___
How can I love when I’m afraid to ___
But watching you ___ alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away ___
One step closer
I have died every day, waiting ___ you
___ , don’t be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I’ll love you for a thousand ___.
- Bits, promises, brief, fail, stay, somehow, for, darling, more
- Beats, promises, brave, fall, stand, somehow, for, darling, more
- Beats, premises, brave, fall, stay, somehow, for, darling, more
- Bits, promises, brave, fall, stand, somewhere, for, darling, years.
- Guess the song.
- “Love on Top” – Beyoncé
- “Crazy in Love” – Beyoncé
- “A Thousand Years” – Christina Perri
- “All of me” -- John legend
- Here is an extract from “Thinking out Loud” by Ed Sheeren. Read it and replace the emojis with words:
So, 🍯 now
Take me into your loving 👐
😘 me under the 💡of a thousand 🌟
Place your on my beating ❤
I’m 🤔 out loud
Maybe we found 😍 right where we are.
- Listen to the first verse of the song (till 1:00) and cross out the extra words in the lyrics.
Well baby you only need the light when it’s burning low
Only miss the our sun when it starts to snow
Only you know you love her when you let her go
Only know you’ve been high when you’re really feeling low
Only hate the road when you’re missing your home
Only know you have love her when you let her go
And you let her go away.
- Listen to the song (till 01:25) and circle the words mentioned in it.
Promised, work, song, adored, grass, set fires, forest, chorus, ours, ignored, glasses, purpose, got off, blindly, lose, softly, hate, hardly.
- -- c
- -- a
- -- b
- -- d
- -- Honey, arms, kiss, light, stars, head, heart, thinking, love
- Baby, our, you, really, your, have, away.
- Promised, adored, Set fires, forest, chorus, ignored, glasses, purpose, got off, blindly, lose, softly, hate.