Дискуссионный план урока: как распознать ложь
Разговорить ученика гораздо проще, если тема урока его вовлекает! Как распознать ложь? Поговорите об этом по нашему плану дискуссионного урока на тему Lie indicators.
- Warm Up
- Словарь урока
- Грамматика, которая встроится в тему
- Практические задания
- Дополнительные материалы
Помогите ученику настроиться и задайте вопросы по теме:
- How often do you tell lies?
- What are your principles concerning the truth and lies?
- Do you think that the uncomfortable truth is better than a sugar-coated lie?
- Are there any situations when it is better to hide the truth?
- Have you always wanted to know when someone is lying? Maybe you know someone who is good at fooling other people into believing them?
Today, we will speak about the psychological issues of the truth and lies and specify the major lie indicators. You will hear and read lots of opinions and views from ordinary people to professional psychologists. The lifehacks may help you communicate better and even identify liars. Moreover, we will study and practise Reported Speech in questions.
to blink — моргать
gesture — жест
to deceive — обманывать
to detect — обнаруживать
to determine — определять
to expand — увеличивать
to stare — глазеть
cunning — коварный
to separate — отделять
suspicious — подозрительный
defence — защита
to generalise — обобщать
to tempt — искушать
Грамматика, которая легко встроится в тему
Изучите reported speech (questions) — вам пригодится эта таблица:
Покажите ученику эти картинки:
Попросите его отметить галочками те утверждения, с которыми он согласен:
- Most of the time, it is easy to tell if a person is lying or not.
- It is easy to deceive devices like polygraphs.
- Body language is not always trustworthy; sometimes, it can confuse our perception.
- White lies are always for the good.
Теперь приводим интересный текст с подробным описанием признаков лжеца.
Have you always wanted to know when someone is lying? Maybe you know someone who is good at fooling other people into believing them? What if you could catch them in the act? Here are a few tips on how to spot a liar.
This is one of the most common ways to detect someone is lying. I often look at how someone is standing or sitting. If they are trying to hide their hands, this makes me feel suspicious of them. Our hands give away a lot of our personality, and we use them a lot to make gestures, so if someone is trying to hide them, this could reveal they are lying. I have seen people stick their hands in their pockets, sit on them and even put them behind their back when they are talking. Also, if someone’s posture looks stiff and uncomfortable, then this is a good sign someone may be lying.
Facial expressions and Touching
I think it’s unusual for people to stare at someone in normal conversation, but this might happen more often if you are talking to a liar. They might stare at you for long periods without blinking, or the opposite may happen. They may blink more often than usual. Also, it’s common for many liars to touch their face or neck when they’re lying. Some also tend to stroke their hair or scratch their nose while holding a conversation. These are tell-tale signs someone may be trying to deceive you!
Is the person speaking faster than the speed of light? Watch out for stammers, stutters and any change in the speed pattern. A liar’s voice can also change its pitch and become higher, so listen out for this too! Also, are they breathing normally? I have heard many people’s voices become shallow when they are lying. This is usually because their blood flow and heart rate change as they become nervous. Lack of speech may also indicate someone is lying. If I figure out someone is lying and I try to question them, sometimes, the person will ask, “Why do you want to know?“ and avoid the subject. This is a common defence tactic among liars.
It can be much easier to lie over the phone or online, especially because the other person can’t see their facial expressions or body language. Liars can be much more cunning over the phone. However, there are still things to watch out for. Pay attention to the phrases they may use. Do they sound like themselves, or are they trying to change the subject by saying: “To be honest“, or “What I really mean is…“?
Вопросы к тексту:
- Which of the signs do you find the most obvious?
- Can you remember a situation when the speaker’s gestures seemed suspicious to you?
- When do people usually stutter or stammer?
- Do you apply any defence tactic in communication?
Ученик разговорился и хочет продолжить дискуссию — какие вопросы еще можно задать?
- Do you remember what white lies are?
- Why do people use white lies?
- In which cases is it OK to use white lies?
- Do white lies bring any harm?
- Which is better: to know about the true events even if they hurt or to be presented with the “soft“ facts that do not hurt your feelings?
- Статья о самой популярной лжи в резюме.
- Как распознать ложь? Видеоинструкция от агента ФБР!
- Статья о самых популярных вербальных и невербальных признаках лжи.
Другие планы уроков для интересной дискуссии: